Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Inspiring Quote

Have you ever gotten on YouTube looking for a video and then come across a totally different one than what you were looking for. I have had those instances before, but I had one today that really got me to think.

I was looking for a video that would have some kind of a motivational background for it so that I could maybe show it sometime next school year at church, that is if I'm able to stick around in the capacity that I would enjoy, but that's a totally different story. As I was watching the video I was thinking to myself "This is a waste of time," but just as I was about to close it a quote from Braveheart the movie was said. The quote was so profound because of what I have been working on for the fall with other pastors here in the student ministries office at NMC that I needed to stop the video and kind of step back and think about what it truly meant. What William Wallace said was: "Free men you are, but what will you do with that freedom?"

WOW!!!!!

That is so true as Christians. We are free because of the blood of Christ but all too often we don't do anything with it. We, as a staff, had been talking about how we need or should challenge our students about how they should live out their faith, especially since many of them came back from our summer camps wanting to live out their faith. But it hit me that we are free and we do abuse our freedom by not telling our friends, families, coworkers, etc. about the true freedom that we have in Christ.

So my challenge is that you would go from this post and actually do just that. Go and share the freedom that you've received from Christ Jesus and not take it for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment